Bovada
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chipless Wonder

Thread: 3 intresting hands from my 125 Gold Nugget tournament today. Results in a day or tw0

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries

3 intresting hands from my 125 Gold Nugget tournament today. Results in a day or tw0

Hand one

blind at 50/ 100 everyone at the table is around 12k in chips as there hasn't been a lot of big hands, played to this point.

I'm in the big blind and look down at two pretty Laddies ( ). I have 6 limpers to me at this point, I decided that this simply won't do and I pop it up to 500, I get one caller from a guy who hasn't played a hand yet. Needless to say I'm going to play the hand pretty cautious from this point foward. I'm putting him on A-10 suited(prolly not) AJ suited (maybe) A-q (I have two highly doubt it.) AK (seems reasonable) AA-JJ ( Perhap) He just called my 500 though so in my mind AA-KK are prolly out, Then this flop comes out.

--

The pot is sitting at about 1400, He checks, I fire in 1k, I want to see where I'm at. Maybe a bit on the highside, maybe not. He tanks for a while and finnaly calls. At this point I eliminate AA-KK, and have him on AK-AJ

The turn is a The pot is sitting at 3400,

He checks I throw in a bet of 2200. He insta shoves, I take a slow breath and start to replay the hand in my mind. I don't think he is going to make this play with AK, as he seems like a competent player up to this point. I have shown strength the whole way through the hand. Want should I do?

HAND 2

Another hand that happened at that level that I found intresting I'm on the button with There have been 5 limpers and I think why not, 100 to perhaps flop a monster, SB and BB complete and we go into the pot 7 handed.

Flop

GIN!!! but a nasty flush draw. UTG+3 leads into the 700 dollar pot with a 400 raise. Folds around to me, The sb has prematurly thow in his hand and the Big blind asked the waitress where the restroom is. I'm pretty sure I'm just up against the one guy and with the nuts I don't really want scare him off so I smooth. (Righ play I don't know A reraise might have been in order to define my hand, and with 1100 in the pot it isn't horrid to pick it up. But, with the nuts you want to milk... the flush draw is scary though I think I should have re poped.)

Turn

so 1500 in the pot and he fires in 800, I tank for a while and now realizing my error decided I need to price him out in all likely hood of a flush draw. The only problem is now a q alone completes the straight. I reraise to 2k, He insta shoves. What should I do?

Hand 3

100-200 I'm in the bb and have about 7k in ships. After having donked some off the hand before. I look down at . UTG a tight player raises to 300. and 5 player limp behind him... I decide with 1.5k in chips in the middle I'm ok with taking the hand down right now and raise to 2k,folds around to a player who arived late and don't know that well, he reraises to 4k. so now, I sit back and start to think. He hasn't played a lot of hands what can he have I come up with AA, AK, QQ. There is 1300 in the pot from the players, 4k from him and 2k from me. Folding is out of the question, I can smooth call making the pot 9,300 leaving me 3k behind. If I shove and he calls I'm getting roughly in my math hope it's right 4-1 so, my call makes the pot 9,300 my all in makes12,300 his call makes it 15,300. so in my mind 3000 more to pick up 15,300 if he calls, and a nice pick up if he folds. Even if he does have the dreaded AA I'm 20% to win the hand. Seems to me the odds are right. What should I do? Shove or smooth?

If I smooth and A comes on the flop I have 3k left to play with, not in great shape but playable.
    Last edited by WilburTrey; 06-23-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    2012 Goals

Grow my bankroll enough to go part time at Lowe's

Cash in a 1k buy in tournment or larger

Pass my college classes

Buy a car... again...

Shoecrew22 is offline Super Moderator
    12/10 $11 x 45 SNG challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Hand 1. Insta shove usually expresses weakness, while I dont put it past a bad live player to play AJ this way I dont get away from this set and def call. I assume this is a fast structure like most 100+25$ are.

hand 2. I call only thing that beats you is AQ and if youre going to play KQ there isnt a board you'd rather see. I repop on flop but as played def call the shove on the turn. I imagine 2k is a good portion of your stack at this point depending on how you played the QQ hand..

Hand 3. I never fold KK pre in a fast structure.
    Full Tilt - Shoecrew22
    PokerStars - Shoecrew22

foldimo (Observer): normad chad:" that river bet had about the same chance of succeeding as my third marriage"

dyehard is offline Super Moderator
    6/09 $5 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    9/09 45 SNG team challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    9,300 ISPC
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Hand 1 : I'm assuming he has a hand like J-10, probably suited. He was willing to see the turn with 2nd pair and a gutshot. It is easy to call the shove in the heat of the moment (I was in a similar position last week at the Borgata Summer Poker Open), however, a fold is in order here. I doubt he is shoving with anything less than top set but even that seems unlikely with a straight on the board.

Hand 2: Not sure what Kq on the turn was meant to be??? Anyway, I snap his shove. Probably chopping. If he has AQ so be it.

Hand 3: Ship it pre. Really don't think it matters. He can't fold pre or post for $3k more and neither can you.
    Fight my Brute!!!!!
    http://chewbacca-nuts.mybrute.com

Follow me at www.twitter.com/dyehard5

Biggest Scores
    $550 NL ISPC Live Event (2010) - $9,300
    $1,500 NL ISPC Live Event (2009) - $6,000
    $35k DS 6 max - 3rd $4,263
    Midnight Madness - 1st $3,778
    $1,500 NL WSOP #39 - 239th $2832

ChewbaccaNuts - Carbon
    dyehard - Cake
    dyehard - Full Tilt
    DYEHARD - Ultimate Bet
    AveryDye - PokerStars

KevinW is offline Dolphin

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    45ish
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    hand 1: His range is def weighted to jt kj aj qj...just way more combos than any sort of sets that we beat (which he'd hardly ever c/r with 4 to straight). not sure why we are betting the turn here? what can we get two streets of value from anyway? check turn and make our decision on the river if he bets. and we can still get value from his two pairs and sets on the river if he checks. the flop sizing was good fwiw he's going to connect on that board quite a bit, so a bigger size is in order. as played, dude always has a jack, he's never c/r with two pair and rarely, if ever, a set.

hand 2: it's a call. it doesn't make much sense for dude to limp in pre and lead at that flop with aq into a bunch of players on that board (except AhQh maybe), it'd be really random. is it possible..yes. but again his range is def weighted towards qj kq qt q9s.
    side note: have a plan for the hand. If you're not going to call a shove or if you're going to feel it's a tough spot. just avoid the "tough" spot and call the bet it'll make life a lot easier. you have position use it. raise with air and nut hands, not the hands that'll put you in a tough spot if you're reraised.

hand 3: just get your money in. guy isn't folding.
    Kwer18 on tilt/stars

"If I was ahead. I'm still ahead. most of the time."-acesfull1026

while discussing a hand in which he held bottom pair

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    In the first hand, I would check behind on the turn, then call his river bet.

In the second hand, I think a small flop raise is best. Sorry, but I am not sure what the turn card was.

In the third hand, I think you should definitely re-raise pre-flop, and do not consider folding to a shove.
    Carbon Poker: ChiplessWonder

My real job: Nuclear thickness gauge sales & service

"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." - Kid Rock

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Turn card was King of Clubs sorry for the confussion I'm not sure how to make all the pretty pictures.
    2012 Goals

Pass my college classes

Buy a car... again...

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Quote Originally Posted by WilburTrey
    I'm not sure how to make all the pretty pictures.
    Es muy fácil.

How to Post Playing Card Graphics
    WilburTrey likes this.
    Carbon Poker: ChiplessWonder

My real job: Nuclear thickness gauge sales & service

"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." - Kid Rock

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    now complete with the pretty pictures
    2012 Goals

Pass my college classes

Buy a car... again...

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Hand one

after reviewing the hand in my head over and over again I ask the guy if I fold if he will show. He says sure and shrugs. I degrudginly throw my trips into the muck. He flips over AJ and I give myself a little pat on the back.

Hand 2.

I talk the guy into showing his cards and he flips over AQ... I grin as I walk away from the table to collect myself and calm down.

Hand 3.

I say " I'm pretty sure you have ACE'S but I call anyway." Sure enough dude has Ace's GG I'm done.
    2012 Goals

Pass my college classes

Buy a car... again...