Thread: A10 HH

Dixienormas2 is offline Dolphin

Biggest Live $ Win
    2800ish
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win

A10 HH

How did I play this? Should I have played this differently? What other lines could I/Should I have taken???

MTT - $1.000 Guaranteed (6-handed DS) - $10-$1 - HOLDEM - NL -Tourney No.3078012

Hand Number: 2718549713

*** Starting Chips ***
    Small Blind: 12895
    Big Blind: 9840
    UTG: 3050
    UTG+1 [ME]: 10600
    UTG+2: 6045
    Dealer: 4930

*** Hero Cards ***
    Hero Cards: Th,Ah

*** Blinds/Antes ***

Small Blind Posts: 100
    Big Blind Posts: 200

*** Hand Action ***
    UTG Folds
    UTG+1 [ME] Raises 600
    UTG+2 Folds
    Dealer Raises 1400
    Small Blind Folds
    Big Blind Folds
    UTG+1 [ME] Call 800

*** Flop ***
    Flop: [Qc,Qh,Ad]

UTG+1 [ME] Bets 2000
    Dealer All-in 3530
    UTG+1 [ME] Call 1530

I will post the results if we can get some discussion on my line and what other options I should have taken after the flop. What kind of range do you give the villain here?
    A man with money is no match against a man on a mission. - Doyle Brunson

AnotherNewbie is offline Plankton

Preflop: I'm not sure if Th,Ah is in the raise range for UTG+1 but OK. If you decided to raise from this early position you have to raise more (it is recommended to raise 4BB).
    The opponents' re-raise size is really strange. Seems like he wants you to put more money into the pot. And your call is right I think.
    Flop: You've got 2 pairs and still have the chances for the flush. We have 3,100 in the pot and you raise 2,000 - OK for me. And after he went all-in you have no way back.

I like the way you played this hand (except preflop bet size) and of course in such hands (with such a strange re-raise bet size) I also use stats which I have for the villain in order to make my decision. Do you use HM or PT?
    As for the villains' range: I think he had something like TT+ or AJ+.

Dixienormas2 is offline Dolphin

Biggest Live $ Win
    2800ish
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherNewbie View Post
    Preflop: I'm not sure if Th,Ah is in the raise range for UTG+1 but OK. If you decided to raise from this early position you have to raise more (it is recommended to raise 4BB).
    The opponents' re-raise size is really strange. Seems like he wants you to put more money into the pot. And your call is right I think.
    I didn't bump it to 5X as we were only 5 handed at the time. My thought was that I should be CRUSHING his range as well. A little more info to make me believe that, I had just seen him 4 bet shove with 4 - 6 of suit 2 hands prior and show the bluff once he got the fold.

I think you are right, post flop, My hand fairly plays itself. I just wonder if I got myself in unnecessary trouble pre-flop. Maybe this isn't interesting to alot of folks. But this hand stood out to me as I was reviewing the HH on the tournament. I do not use HEM or PT as this game was on Bovada and it will not support it. :-(
    A man with money is no match against a man on a mission. - Doyle Brunson