shortmat1444 is offline Shark

Biggest Live $ Win
    14k borgata summer open.
    Biggest Online $ Win
    45k Sunday mulligan.
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win

Removing the preflop steal.

Play has def changed in the 45 person tourneys.. And i honestly thing that the preflop steal is really useless.

I pushed with a crappy hand from the SB with K10 after a button limper. He had around 5500 i had around 2k. I push with K10 and he calls. He had 98
    and won.

Now 6 months ago. I would not see these calls being mad. I think it might have to do with the economy or something that a lot of bad players with no clue are joining the ranks. I get called from everything from Q2 to J5 to 98 to 75 all in preflop. No pot odds or anything. The thing is if you have AK or so. You have a good chance of losing.

Does anyone see this happening and feel that removing this would be profitable. I would love to hear opinions on this.

cdavi is offline Shark
    5/09 $22 x 18 SNG challenge winner
    11/09 $11 heads up SNG challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    ~600
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    ~80
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    I have been noticing this too a lot lately, but honestly have no solution. I'm on a bad run right now with some BRUTAL calls against me. How to the Pro's counteract this, or do they just still push n pray?

DefyOddz is offline Dolphin

Biggest Online $ Win
    16k X's 2 , ongame big deal 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shortmat1444 View Post
    Play has def changed in the 45 person tourneys.. And i honestly thing that the preflop steal is really useless.

I pushed with a crappy hand from the SB with K10 after a button limper. He had around 5500 i had around 2k. I push with K10 and he calls. He had 98
    and won.

Now 6 months ago. I would not see these calls being mad. I think it might have to do with the economy or something that a lot of bad players with no clue are joining the ranks. I get called from everything from Q2 to J5 to 98 to 75 all in preflop. No pot odds or anything. The thing is if you have AK or so. You have a good chance of losing.

Does anyone see this happening and feel that removing this would be profitable. I would love to hear opinions on this.
    One thing i have noticed a lot in the past 3 weeks growing is the LP limper, and im raping these guys. of course if its a beast doing it watch out but the majority of the time its a no-name.

Biggest Live $ Win
    14k borgata summer open.
    Biggest Online $ Win
    45k Sunday mulligan.
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    im not even worried about the guys hands.. its just they call with such wide hands its hard to have them dominated.. Unles you got a big pair of course.. I rather see flops thens teal cuz i get called no matter what.

3 left.. Guy raised minimum to 2400.. he had 10k left.. i pushed him for all in.. he called me with J10 lol i had A10 and won

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shortmat1444 View Post

and won.

Def. seeing alot more of this kind of horrid limp call shove hands. I have really tried to scale back on the shoves for those positions, bu it was hard to change that strategy. I have noticed to be going deeper not making those plays and waiting for a better opportunity.

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    I'm also having a much harder time in the 45s than I was a few months ago. In my case though, I think my level of play has slipped. I feel this way because I'm playing the $11, $26 and $75, and I'm losing money in all three.
    Carbon Poker: ChiplessWonder

My real job: Nuclear thickness gauge sales & service

"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." - Kid Rock

Biggest Live $ Win
    14k borgata summer open.
    Biggest Online $ Win
    45k Sunday mulligan.
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Yea same here chipless. Just making it to the final table and losing. Sickening really. Got people in first pushing 8k with A7 offsuit and beating my 99.

I don't expect the play to get any better ever. But its sad shouldn't we be making more money and not losing.

100 dollar sit and go. heads up. My GF calls me. and tell me to hurry the F upppto her house.. So i straight push 4500 blinds 80 160 guy is even with me with A6 off. He isnta calls me with 78 and loses. just impossible to play honestly... No more two bet bluffing for me. Since 4th pair will call you knowing you have nothing even though you were at the table for 3 hands lol. GL all....