Thread: More trouble in 3 bet pot.

ThePenguin22 is offline Dolphin

Biggest Online $ Win
    $20K+ career profit
    Biggest Online # Win
    Retired cash game player :(
    Blog Entries

More trouble in 3 bet pot.

My opponent in this hand is loose, way too loose. He has trouble folding his cards but at the moment he is running over the table to a degree. He calls raises and 3 bets. He 3 bets a lot himself.

$100nl 6 seat cash table
    Me $187
    Opponent $130

My opponent is 2nd to act and makes it $4 to go.
    I look down in the sb at and 3 bet it to $20. This seems a bit steep, but I am expecting the call so why not make it more with the second best hand you can be dealt? He calls.
    Pot is $41

Flop brings
    Im not over the moon with this flop, but even though he is loose I cant put him on AJ, AK yes AQ maybee suited, not sure. Is this thinking bad? I believe it is way more likely I am still ahead. I bet $26. I expect to be slaughtered for this betting amount. After the hand my opponent himself told me it was a stupid bet.
    Opponent calls $26
    Pot is $93

Turn brings

I check
    Opponent bets $35
    This is basically the WORST amount he can bet imop. He has $40 left behind him and it seems he is begging for my call. I believe a call is a waste of time, its push in or fold. I take a little time and as I hold 2 kings I find it hard to believe he has AK. Would you fold your hand here? I push all in hoping to see QQ,JJ,99,88. I do have the nut flush draw to go with my hand.

Any responses to my play in general would be much apprectiated, especially my flop bet. That bet was made for value, but to make me look weak. I see a smaller pocket pair calling that bet but going away to a bet of say $38. Is this thinking just bad? Am I pushing my luck, especially when my hand may already be crushed? A lot of questions in there but it is one that troubled me.
    KAB000M @ PKR

Blog Entries
    I'm shipping the turn unless I got some kind of soul read on the player.
    "It's Friday night and I'm spending it watching Cory grind a $26 7game tournament"

PM for coaching information

Biggest Online $ Win
    $20K+ career profit
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    I did push in and he held and took down the $260 pot. He claimed I deserved it for my silly flop bet. Although it seems I "drawed him in" with this weak bet, dont I WANT 10 10 coming along with me drawing to a 2 outer? Guess I deserved it for being greedy but I think a pot size bet on the flop which makes him go away isnt as good as mine that made him stay? When he called my flop bet he has commited over a third of his stack in this hand needing a 10 to win the pot. I believe if I check the turn "as I do" and a 10 doesnt hit he bets the turn anyway and "as I did" I check raise in, he now pretty much is priced in to call. If he did check behind when a 10 doesnt hit he calls my small river value bet and loses over $70 in this hand anyway. Was that flop bet ASKING for trouble?
    KAB000M @ PKR

Shoecrew22 is offline Super Moderator
    12/10 $11 x 45 SNG challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    I dont know how he calls that flop bet personally, but it is what it is. I may have pushed on the flop if you really couldnt put him on the A but if he is loose as it is even that may have not scared him off. idk Tough one

Vestvik7 is offline Shark
    2/10 Middleweight MTT challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    live?
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Blog Entries
    Thoughts:

Betting bigger on flopp - he folds- correct play.
    Your (gay) bet - he calls (mistake, no where near odds wether it is implied or plain) - incorrect play

So obv you rather want him to make the mistake. Only downthing I find here is that the bet is exploitable against a good opponent who picks up on these sort of strange bet sizes.

Against this type of spewy scandinavian wannabe a bet like yours just might trick some sort of over funky play on his part. I say +1.

Turn thoughts:

You say its either a mather of push or fold in this spot. You are never folding. A creative line here might just be to flattcall his turn raise to keep in his flopp floating air range if you think he got one. Many players atleast at propaganda really think they got no option other than moving all in on river when they got 1/2 their stack invested. He might also draw to a lower flush and hang himself from there. Why is this not an option?
    Stay ahead, or fall behind

Biggest Online $ Win
    $20K+ career profit
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    When my opponent bet the turn he has $40 behind and he has commited $90 of his money to the pot already so I dont think he can fold to the push, thats why I said fold or push. I understand your thinking if he has a little more behind him. As for my flop bet (I could well be wrong because so many have argued against these types of bets int the past) but if he folds to a pot size bet, I might as well be playing 23 suited not KK? I didnt really want him to fold. This example though is a very bad one though as he did hit his 10, thanks for great replys again
    KAB000M @ PKR