Biggest Online $ Win
    A
    Biggest Live # Win
    Cash
    Biggest Online # Win
    Player
    Blog Entries

Live cash: T7s, open ended w/ FD

Last night at Gemini, main game. I had been kind of active, but winning most show downs if it got there, and had not made any big bets or bluffs. Villain is Tom, a middle-aged guy who I've played with before, but not for a while. He does not like to lay down hands, but he's a fairly solid Gemini reg. I have ~$1400, he has ~$900.

Limps to me with in the SB, I complete, BB checks. 7 see the flop, which is:

(pot: 21)

I check, villain (UTG+2), bets out for 20, folds to MP player, who min-raises to 40. I raise to 125. Villain smooth calls fairly quickly, MP folds. Turn is:

(pot: 301)

I lead out for $165, villain calls pretty quickly. River is:

(pot: 631)

What do you do with this river? Villain has ~$600+ left, and I have him covered.

Any two cards...

Blog Entries
    I check raise the turn against tom. He is very liable to bet a wide range for protection and I don't feel comfortable bluffing the river when I miss here. A check/raise will look get lots of folds if you overbet a little. He will fold worse flush draws on the turn a lot too which is bad for us. (He is more likely to check behind a worse flush draw than bet it though that changes depending on how he's playing that day)

As played, 150~180 on the river for me. He can't have AT here and he can't have a set. He folds any flush draw except a pair and a flush draw or a Ace high flush draw on the turn depending on his mood that day. And with your image it's really thin.

Puke and fold to a raise all in as played and with your image.
    Last edited by ThrillCory90; 01-12-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    "It's Friday night and I'm spending it watching Cory grind a $26 7game tournament"

PM for coaching information

pegboy1 is offline Shark

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    3300 or so
    Anyone Dissagree with a check call here? Not knowing the player, I gotta believe he just hit the nuts flush. I don't see any other hand he would be playing that way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
    Anyone Dissagree with a check call here? Not knowing the player, I gotta believe he just hit the nuts flush. I don't see any other hand he would be playing that way.
    I disagree with a check call too. If we check he's only betting his flushes. He'll never valuebet KQ when checked to so check/call river is the worst option.
    "It's Friday night and I'm spending it watching Cory grind a $26 7game tournament"

wreaks is offline Shark

Biggest Live $ Win
    I'm
    Biggest Online $ Win
    A
    Biggest Live # Win
    Cash
    Biggest Online # Win
    Player
    Blog Entries
    I thought about this for a minute before checking. His quick call on the turn made me nervous. It was very hard to put him on a hand that I'd get value out of on the river, that WOULDN'T go all-in (Ahxh was just as likely as anything). Maybe KQ would call a small bet? Maybe JJ would?

He checked behind, and ended up having KK. I'm not unhappy with my river check, but if I'd thought about the hand a little more (it was late and I was tired), I might have been able to put out a small value bet (in the $150-200 range), but I was ok taking down the pot that was there.

Any two cards...

Blog Entries
    He checked behind, and ended up having KK.
    Oh wow. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate his play on every single street.

Headhunter is offline Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
    I hate a check-call here. Our flush has to be good. He should have a hand like QJ/KT and will never bet this river.

Quote Originally Posted by FearToxin90 View Post
    Puke and fold to a raise all in as played and with your image.
    Fear -- I'm not sure I can find a fold if we get raised. Granted, we should be losing, but how can you fold given the amount you would have to call (~$450-ish into a $1350-ish pot getting 3:1)? AhXh or KhXh should have been played a lot more aggressively, so it's less likely he has a better flush. I could definitely see villain with 8h9h here and thinks our flopped straight/two pair just got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by FearToxin90 View Post
    Oh wow. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate his play on every single street.
    I never put him on a straight here. It's clear he went for a lrr gone bad, and then flops top set on a very coordinated board. On the flop, he gets min-raised and then c/r by hero. Granted, villain has top set, but 2 straights are out there that are very viable. I think he smooth called to (a) see what min-raiser did and (b) try and slow down the action. On the turn, hero is still showing tons of aggression .... if villain raises and hero has the straight, it's all going in.

What would you have done differently, Fear?

Blog Entries
    Yea, you are right. You probabally should call even though you expect to lose most of the time. I wasn't really paying attention to the pot odds we'd be getting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast