Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bad Beats Poker League Season 9

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054

Bad Beats Poker League Season 9

Announcing the beginning of Season 9 of the Bad Beats Poker League. No big changes to this season from last for the regular games, but in the spirit of continuous improvement the TOC requirements are a bit different this year.

The league will run for 10 games, starting October 15th, 2011. The games will be held once a month on the 3rd Saturday in the Babel poker room in Lewis Center.

The game will start at 5:30 p.m., and we will award an extra $1000 chip as an on-time bonus. Players will need to be paid and ready to play no later than 5:30p to receive the chip.

We historically order pizza (or something) around 7:00 p.m. Anyone interested chips in $5 or $6. Bottled water is available to guests, but if you'd like any alcoholic beverages or soda, please feel free to bring them.

The buy in is $60 with a starting stack of $10,000 and 30 minute blinds.

$10 from each $60 entry fee will be placed in reserve to fund the Tournament of Champions prize pool ($50 into tournament prize pool with full payout).

Only the players who reach the Final table of 10 will receive points. First place gets one point for number of original players with .9 points for 2nd, .8 for 3rd and so on (same as last year). For example, if the tournament starts with 24 players, then 1st place would receive 24 points, 2nd place - 21.6 points, 3rd place - 19.2 points, etc.

Tournament of Champions
    We are waiving the minimum games required to play in order to qualify for the TOC. However, if a player has participated in LESS than three games, they will be required to pay a TOC fee to play.

Top ten point makers receive free entry into TOC ($150 value). Players 11 through 15 will be able to enter the TOC at a 66% discount for $50. Players 16 through 20 may enter the TOC at a 33% discount for $100.

Any other player who has played for 3 games but not eligible for the free or discounted entries into the TOC may buy into the tournament for $150.

Players who have not participated in the monthly tournaments but who would like to join us for the TOC can buy in for the following amounts:
    0 games - $300
    1 game - $250
    2 games - $200

The season will run for 10 games (through July) with the TOC to be played on the 3rd Saturday of August. It will start promptly at noon, and the starting stack will be $20,000.

The results and updated stats will be posted in the Bad Beats forum promptly at the end of each tournament. We reserve the right to adjust our schedules and/or league rules as necessary.

We know that with all the private clubs springing up all over, you have a multitude of options for playing and deeply appreciate the loyal BBP players who have followed the league throughout the years. The Live Bad Beats Poker League was, for many of us, the first time we ever took poker seriously and worked on improving our poker skills.

I think that most would agree we continue to attract players who want to have fun, play hard and enjoy the great competition.

Please PM me if you'd like to receive the evites to the league or to receive more information.
    Come out and enjoy this great League!!
    Last edited by ohpokergal; 09-30-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like.
    Jean Cocteau
    French dramatist, director, & poet (1889 - 1963)

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Players who have not participated in the monthly tournaments but who would like to join us for the TOC can buy in for the following amounts:
    0 games - $300
    1 game - $250
    2 games - $200
    Very nice Dana.
    Carbon Poker: ChiplessWonder

My real job: Nuclear thickness gauge sales & service

"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." - Kid Rock

dyehard is offline Super Moderator
    6/09 $5 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    9/09 45 SNG team challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    9,300 ISPC
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    I haven't played in the league in two years. What has been your average turnout? Other than finishing well in the monthly tournaments, there doesn't seem to be much reward for "winning the league." What I mean is, and if I recall correctly, the league gets maybe 15 people who play in at least half of the tournaments. So 2/3 of the regulars will most likely qualify for a free entry into the TOC. Seems like there should be more incentive to finish high (top 3) in the season ending standings.
    Fight my Brute!!!!!
    http://chewbacca-nuts.mybrute.com

Follow me at www.twitter.com/dyehard5

Biggest Scores
    $550 NL ISPC Live Event (2010) - $9,300
    $1,500 NL ISPC Live Event (2009) - $6,000
    $35k DS 6 max - 3rd $4,263
    Midnight Madness - 1st $3,778
    $1,500 NL WSOP #39 - 239th $2832

ChewbaccaNuts - Carbon
    dyehard - Cake
    dyehard - Full Tilt
    DYEHARD - Ultimate Bet
    AveryDye - PokerStars

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054
    Quote Originally Posted by dyehard View Post
    I haven't played in the league in two years. What has been your average turnout? Other than finishing well in the monthly tournaments, there doesn't seem to be much reward for "winning the league." What I mean is, and if I recall correctly, the league gets maybe 15 people who play in at least half of the tournaments. So 2/3 of the regulars will most likely qualify for a free entry into the TOC. Seems like there should be more incentive to finish high (top 3) in the season ending standings.
    Hi Bruce!

Our games in Season 8 ranged from 10 players to 23 players with an average turnout of 16. The BBP has never focused on "winning the league". Our philosophy has been on game improvement and using all additional funds to ensure that the TOC had a big enough prize pool to provide an incentive to play. No funds are set aside for the league "winners" because theoretically we have always made the assumption that if you've finished in the top 3, you've already "earned" more money than anyone else.

By foregoing a "league winner" we reward our top players with a free or discounted entry into the Tournament of Champions. As you will note this season, the value is estimated at $300. The TOC prize pool typically adds $2k+ to the buy-ins for a very nice payout for our players. This season the final five chopped for several hundred dollars each. Not too shabby for a free roll....

I think you'll find that Jarrod & I run a structured organized tournament with high quality play in a comfortable and professional atmosphere. Many former BBP players have moved on from our home league to win in large multi-table events and have historically given our league some of the credit for helping to improve their game.

We have fun, but I will admit, the League is not a light-hearted, beer guzzling Saturday night. It's friendly focused poker... with pizza... and usually sports on the big screen... and a lounging Corgi under the table...

Who WOULDN'T have a great time?
    We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like.
    Jean Cocteau

dyehard is offline Super Moderator
    6/09 $5 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    9/09 45 SNG team challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    9,300 ISPC
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Dana. I'm going to try to make it to a few of these this year.
    Fight my Brute!!!!!
    http://chewbacca-nuts.mybrute.com

Follow me at www.twitter.com/dyehard5

Biggest Scores
    $550 NL ISPC Live Event (2010) - $9,300
    $1,500 NL ISPC Live Event (2009) - $6,000
    $35k DS 6 max - 3rd $4,263
    Midnight Madness - 1st $3,778
    $1,500 NL WSOP #39 - 239th $2832

ChewbaccaNuts - Carbon
    dyehard - Cake
    dyehard - Full Tilt
    DYEHARD - Ultimate Bet
    AveryDye - PokerStars

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054
    All Bad Beats League games now posted on BBP.net Calendar. Hopefully, this will prevent any calendar conflicts this season.

Jean Cocteau

selfproclaim is offline Shrimp
    12/10 $5 x 45 SNG challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    $17,653
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $3,300
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Dana, Please send the evite to dcompton@advancedwasteservices.com.

I look forward to participating in more games this season,

Thanks,
    DC

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054
    Quote Originally Posted by selfproclaim View Post
    Dana, Please send the evite to dcompton@advancedwasteservices.com.

I look forward to participating in more games this season,

Thanks,
    DC
    Done, DC! Your contact info is updated in evite, and I've sent the new evite out to you. Hope you can make it!
    Jean Cocteau

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054
    We had a great turnout for Game 1 with 31 players! Thanks to all for coming out! We had a prize pool of $1860 with $310 going into the TOC reserve and $1550 paid out to the top finishers.

Congratulations to Ryan Holland, Kim Music, Jim Sanderson, Bill Bell and Don Moore for their top five finishes! After some negotiations, the prize pool was chopped between the top 3, and the group also agreed to pay the bubble back their entry by taking $20 off the top three places.

Tonight's Results are as follows:
    1. Ryan Holland - 31 pts - $500
    2. Kim Music - 27.9 pts - $500
    3. Jim Sanderson - 24.8 pts - $280
    4. Bill Bell - 21.7 pts - $130
    5. Don Moore - 18.6 pts - $80
    6. Dan (DC) Compton - 15.5 pts - $60
    7. Mitzy Ross - 12.4 pts
    8. Scott Masko - 9.3 pts
    9. David Hassman - 6.2 pts
    10. Leeann Martin - 3.1 pts

We look forward to seeing everyone on the third Saturday of the month. See you all next time on Saturday, November 19th. All newcomers are welcome as well.
    Jean Cocteau

Biggest Live $ Win
    $6202
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $1054
    Thanks to all for coming out for Game 2! The OSU game took some of our attendance, but we still had 19 players with a $1140 prize pool and $190 going into the TOC reserve and $950 paid out to the top finishers.

Congratulations to Scott Pedela, Robert Brooks, Mike Murphy, and Doug Martin for their top four finishes!

Tonight's Results are as follows:
    1. Scott Pedela - 19 pts - $400
    2. Robert Brooks - 17.1 pts - $315
    3. Mike Murphy - 15.2 pts - $170
    4. Doug Martin - 13.3 pts - $65
    5. Brian Ursell - 11.4 pts
    6. Dan (DC) Compton - 9.5 pts
    7. Kim Music - 7.6 pts
    8. Ryan Holland - 5.5 pts
    9. Bill Bell - 3.4 pts
    10. Dana Babel - 1.9 pts

The standings after 2 games are as follows:

1. Ryan Holland - 36.7
    2. Kim Music - 35.5
    3. Bill Bell - 25.5
    4. Dan (DC) Compton -25.0
    5. Jim Sanderson - 24.8
    6. Scott Pedela - 19.0
    7. Don Moore - 18.6
    8. Robert Brooks - 17.1
    9. Mike Murphy - 15.2
    10. Doug Marton - 13.3

11. Mitzy Ross - 12.4
    12. Brian Ursell - 11.4
    13. Scott Masko - 9.3
    14. David Hassman - 6.2
    15. Leeann Martin - 3.1
    16. Dana Babel - 1.9

PLEASE NOTE:
    Due to the Christmas holiday, we are shifting Game 3 in December to the 2nd Saturday - December 10th, instead of the 3rd Saturday. All newcomers are welcome as well.
    Jean Cocteau

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast