PokerStars

Thread: Anyone here playing Merge?

Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    3r on Stars

Anyone here playing Merge?

Since most of the people I used to talk poker with and rail mainly play live after Black Friday, who here is still grinding some MTTs on Merge?

I don't play as often since I have a FT job that I have to be at pretty early (5am) but I still grind 2-3x a week. Kinda sucks having nobody to talk to on AIM about hands, deep runs, etc. I know, I sound like a loser lol. If anyone wants to exchange names PM me or post in here.

GL!!
    FTP- F*** FTP
    Stars- IBGrindin
    UB- F*** UB
    Bodog-IBGrindin
    Merge-IBGrindin

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    I just started playing cash games on Carbon Poker, and I really like the site. So far I have about twenty hours invested, which is a little more than 10,000 hands.

Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    3r on Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipless Wonder View Post
    I just started playing cash games on Carbon Poker, and I really like the site. So far I have about twenty hours invested, which is a little more than 10,000 hands.
    Weren't you normally a MTTSNG player before, mainly on FTP? How much do you have tied up on there?

Also, please teach me how to play cash. Pretty tough to go from MTTs for the past 4-5 years to cash games. I feel like its a different game.
    FTP- F*** FTP
    Stars- IBGrindin
    UB- F*** UB
    Bodog-IBGrindin
    Merge-IBGrindin

Cambo71 is offline Shark
    12/10 $26 x 45 SNG challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    $5429
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $12900
    Biggest Online # Win
    First I want to say I am still alive, I have been silent here and have sort of lost my drive to conquer the poker world since Black Friday. I miss having this site being a daily part of the my life.

In May i put in $300 on carbon. I have given up playing the 45 man sngs to build my roll as they hardly ever start and they dont break at :55 min past the hour. There is not enough late night games so I dont play after work very often during the week. I suppose I play maybe 15 hours a week instead of 30 to 40 and my volume is definately a lot less. I dont find cash games as interesting so my number of games at a time is a lot less. I sometimes have more than 6 games going but it is usually only around 1800 to 2000 central time if I dont get knocked out a lot. I won a $15 mtt in July and that gave me the room on the bankroll to play up to $30 mtts and $10 rebuys. Playing levels less than that would really make it hard to get a decent schedule. I built up my roll over 5k but in the last few weeks I have played the bigger games on Sunday without running good, so I am currently at about $3500 on the bankroll. I think if you have funds having less than 1k for bankroll on mtts is not enough to get good schedule and follow bank roll mgt.

I am Katphish71 on merge.

I may be willing to ship $ on carbon to people if you ship me $ on paypal first.
    No one thought up Being. He who thinks he has, step forward. Jim Morrison

Chipless Wonder is offline Honorary Member
    12/08 $75 x 45 SNG challenge winner
    1/09 BBP +$200 private game winner
    9/11 online cash game challenge winner

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Quote Originally Posted by IBGrindin
    Weren't you normally a MTTSNG player before, mainly on FTP?
    Yes, I played almost exclusively SNGs and MTTs before. But there aren't enough MTTs or SNGs running on the smaller sites to keep my interest. But plenty of cash games run all the time.

How much do you have tied up on there?
    I only deposited a few hundred dollars, and have turned it into a few thousand now.

Also, please teach me how to play cash. Pretty tough to go from MTTs for the past 4-5 years to cash games. I feel like its a different game.
    Yeah, totally. I still have way too many spots where I get 100 BB in the middle with hands like TPTK. But sticking with the cash games is going to improve my MTT game in the long run.
    Carbon Poker: ChiplessWonder

My real job: Nuclear thickness gauge sales & service

"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." - Kid Rock

Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    3r on Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipless Wonder View Post
    Yes, I played almost exclusively SNGs and MTTs before. But there aren't enough MTTs or SNGs running on the smaller sites to keep my interest. But plenty of cash games run all the time.

I only deposited a few hundred dollars, and have turned it into a few thousand now.

Yeah, totally. I still have way too many spots where I get 100 BB in the middle with hands like TPTK. But sticking with the cash games is going to improve my MTT game in the long run.
    I was asking about FTP lol
    FTP- F*** FTP
    Stars- IBGrindin
    UB- F*** UB
    Bodog-IBGrindin
    Merge-IBGrindin