Poker Genius
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Full Tilt Poker with Non-US IP, Address, and Bank Account

NestaRasta is offline Shrimp

Full Tilt Poker with Non-US IP, Address, and Bank Account

I am a US player and I have a plan that I am looking into and would like to know if anyone else has looked into it. I just emailed FTP support to ask if it would be alright to change my address to a non-US address, use a VPN to change my IP to outside the US, and change my bank account to a non-US account. I asked them if they would consider it to be a violation of their Terms of Service. Also, I asked if they would consider me a non-US player. They maybe less strict about this stuff now (but of course, they maybe more strict too) but I figured it would not hurt to ask. I noticed that Svetlana Gromenkova switched her account from the US to Russia and never quit playing. If they say OK, then I am going to get it set up but to be safe, I am not going to play until I hear about many successful cashouts to non-US players over the course of the next week or two.

Also, I have heard that a couple of Latvian bank accounts are good, safe, and easy to open same with HSBC, RBS, etc. Until I get a foreign bank account set up, I will use friends and GB (please PM me for more info) to cashout. GB said he is stopping wires to the US for now but he can still mail checks.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. especially in terms of setting up a foreign bank account? Thanks.
    Last edited by NestaRasta; 04-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    NestaRasta on Full Tilt/PokerStars

DefyOddz is offline Dolphin

Biggest Online $ Win
    16k X's 2 , ongame big deal 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NestaRasta View Post
    I am a US player and I have a plan that I am looking into and would like to know if anyone else has looked into it. I just emailed FTP support to ask if it would be alright to change my address to a non-US address, use a VPN to change my IP to outside the US, and change my bank account to a non-US account. I asked them if they would consider it to be a violation of their Terms of Service. Also, I asked if they would consider me a non-US player. They maybe less strict about this stuff now (but of course, they maybe more strict too) but I figured it would not hurt to ask. If they say OK, then I am going to get it set up but not play until I hear about many successful cashouts to non-US players over the course of the next week or two.

Also, I have heard that a couple of Latvian bank accounts are good, safe, and easy to open same with HSBC, RBS, etc. Until I get a foreign bank account set up, I will use friends andails P said he is stopping wires to the US for now but he can still mail checks.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. especially in terms of setting up a foreign bank account? Thanks.
    if mods could delete that service providers name from the post that would be nice, just keep it to pms only dont want to see him go down as he is very valuable to people like me.
    Last edited by DefyOddz; 04-18-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DefyOddz View Post
    if mods could delete that service providers name from the post that would be nice, just keep it to pms only dont want to see him go down as he is very valuable to people like me.
    I will edit myself. sorry
    Last edited by NestaRasta; 04-18-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Done. removed.

Biggest Online $ Win
    np, your going to need a friend in naother country to open an account for you if you dont plan on leaving the u.s and i know from experience HSBC is a no go because they are heavily tied to u.s institutions

Quote Originally Posted by DefyOddz View Post
    np, your going to need a friend in naother country to open an account for you if you dont plan on leaving the u.s and i know from experience HSBC is a no go because they are heavily tied to u.s institutions
    Thanks. I may drive up to Canada but heard there are issues with them sometimes, too (too closely tied to US institutions also).

Biggest Online $ Win
    i cant speak for other countries but for example if someone wanted to open an account here in mexico there are 4 routes:

Student visa (FM2)

work visa (FM3)

retirement visa

residency/nationality

"the easiest 'cheat' way to do it would be option 1.

you apply and get enrollment to a BS foriegn language school, say one that teachers outsiders spanish. Then you can get you student visa, never even have to attend a class. With that you can open up a bank account here. If you try to come here on a typical 6 month vacation visa you will be unable to open an account.

its also important that you open one with an independant mexican bank.

the largest Banamex wont work since its owned by the Citigroup. HSBC wont either. But that still leaves many like bancomer, IXE bank, scotiabank and a few others.
    Forthwith likes this.

Biggest Live $ Win
    Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    what support address did you use to email them at? Thanks for the info
    Hold one time PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Justown is offline Tuna

Biggest Online $ Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    A professional poker player and domainer | Dutch Boyd Likes You i havent tried any of this and idk what the concequences are ha...but dutchboyd has apparently? Wonder if this is a viable option...problem would be cashouts.

Quote Originally Posted by peroxide_stings View Post
    what support address did you use to email them at? Thanks for the info
    Good point, it was just the normal support email. However, I have not gotten an error message back (like not deliverable). Correction: Just got the error message a couple hours after this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Justown View Post
    A professional poker player and domainer | Dutch Boyd Likes You i havent tried any of this and idk what the concequences are ha...but dutchboyd has apparently? Wonder if this is a viable option...problem would be cashouts.
    Thanks. And thanks, Gabe, I think that the Latvian accounts can be setup via mail/fax/email so i will look into those and others.
    Last edited by NestaRasta; 04-19-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Nightrain is offline Shrimp

Gabe, I sent you a PM regarding what Mexican banks you are using, I need to open an acct today and try to deposit before the Mexican holidays.

You mention, Bancomer, IXE bank and Scotiabank, which one gives me the best shot at depositing/withdrawing, speed with deposits(hopefully only need to deposit once) and withdrawals, are you using the same bank to deposit and to withdrawal?

Do you use moneybookers?

Are you using any other deposit/withdrawals options?

thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast