Bovada

Thread: Participate in a poker study!

Herrasmies is offline Plankton

Participate in a poker study!

Hello,

I write on behalf of a Finnish research team affiliated with the University of Helsinki. We're looking for poker players to participate in an on-line study about poker decision-making, poker playing experience, and emotion regulation. I kindly invite everyone even slightly interested to participate:

Poker and Life

The survey is somewhat long, and it takes about 30-40 minutes. I understand well that this is longer than what Internet surveys typically take – your participation would thus be greatly appreciated. More information is provided on the page linked to above.

Our previously published academic articles of the same topic can be found at

ā€œDonā€™t Worry, Itā€™s Just Poker!ā€-Experience, Self-Rumination and Self-Reflection as Determinants of Decision-Making in On-Line Poker - Online First - Springer

and

Losing More by Losing It: Poker Experience, Sensitivity to Losses and Tilting Severity - Online First - Springer

(for those who are interested in the above articles, but can't access them, please email me)

Please feel free to advertise the survey link above. I wish all poker players the best!

Sincerely,
    Jussi Palomäki (jussi.palomaki[at]helsinki.fi)
    University of Helsinki
    Institute of Behavioural Sciences
    Cognitive Science unit
    Last edited by New Leader; 02-08-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: 2Moderators: I think we have to respect and help the scientists ;)

We're soon closing the survey. Thanks to everyone who have already taken it! There is still some time left, though, and every participant is greatly valued! . Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrasmies View Post
    We're soon closing the survey. Thanks to everyone who have already taken it! There is still some time left, though, and every participant is greatly valued! . Thanks again!
    The survey will be closed at the end of this week! There is still time to take it ! We need only a few more participants!

Poker and Life

Sincerely,
    Jussi P.