Bovada

Blog Comments

• |
    I think raising or not really depends on what you want to happen rather than your hand values as much. Obviously AA23 double suited with 5 limpers on the button your raise.
    I might raise to get position. I might open limp if I want let of peeps in, I might raise with hands that will play better with against fewer people. AA45 not suited I might open raise to get less people in the pot. In a limped pot and I play that from the blind I will just call, for deception and why raise the pot out of position. I dont think you can play AA agressive when you have more than 3 in the pot.
    I think I would rather open raise AKT2 suited versus A256 suited. The first has better high possibilities and the second can take more low action being counterfeited.
    • |
    I think raising or not really depends on what you want to happen rather than your hand values as much. Obviously AA23 double suited with 5 limpers on the button your raise.
    I might raise to get position. I might open limp if I want let of peeps in, I might raise with hands that will play better with against fewer people. AA45 not suited I might open raise to get less people in the pot. In a limped pot and I play that from the blind I will just call, for deception and why raise the pot out of position. I dont think you can play AA agressive when you have more than 3 in the pot.
    I think I would rather open raise AKT2 suited versus A256 suited. The first has better high possibilities and the second can take more low action being counterfeited.
    • |
    I have been playing limit O8 for cash on carbon poker lately. OMG the players are so bad. I go from being aggressive to passive depending on the position and the number of peeps in the pot. I have been winning a decent amount the last couple of weeks. Playing 45 to 90 mins and winning 30 to 50 bucks playing 1/2 to 2/4 limit is not bad. It is paying for my mtt addiction and buying into the maximus series.
    I think playing hands like A4 or A5 you probably you need to be suited. Having backdoor opportunites is pretty huge. Playing a 4 outer for a scoop with other possibilities can be huge. Sometimes betting your draws gives you bluff potential when a different draw like high straight hits in stead of your low or flush.

What is your favorite Grateful Dead song? I think Dark Star and the Eleven from Two from the Vault might be my favorite.
    • |
    Thanks Man!
    • |
    I just want to say you have a great avatar
    • |
    I got 80% and 2 of the ones I got wrong are the kqj9ss hands. I just couldnt fold that hand and feel good about it. The #10 question I guessed got it right it was stud as stated.
    • |
    Yeah, another friend called me and said that was a stud question. How did you know? Guess they screwed up, and no wonder I couldnt figure that one out as I am not a stud player.
    • |
    I got a 70% too. #10 is a stud question.
    • |
    Not so sure playing more hands is +EV. I've realized that playing 10 or 15 extra hands and missing the flop costs alot (playing A4 or A5 suited needs to hit the flop really hard to continue) I think not playing so much is actually money in my pocket (not lost) I may play the extra hands only in late position if there's more than 6 players including me. I'll let you know how it goes.
    • |
    If many players are playing marginal or trash holdings, your 20% VPIP is justified because your lower end of starting hand range is above at least 2 of your villians. Obviously high only starting hands should be limited but I think 20+ VPIP is +EV in loose games.
    • |
    I'm gonna fool around with it this weekend. Thanks man
    • |
    I think you should try raising light (but not pure garbage) from EP and see if your raises are respected. I'm guessing they generally won't be.
    • |
    Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. Now my only issue is doing it up front from EP, I'm worried about people folding behind me when I have A23 so I dont raise when in EP and with hands like AAxs I worry about the opposite like they wont fold. I keep freakin myself out. Hope that makes sense. Thanks
    • |
    In LO8 at the kind of table you describe, you are raising to build a pot, as opposed to pushing people out. If nobody folds to your raise, you've doubled the pot size, and justified a lot of chasing on the part of your opponents in the hand. That's why you want to raise A23, A24, A34 and double-suited AAxx. If the flop is horrible, shrug, fold and move on. If you are playing a lot less hands than everybody else, you may want to habitually raise anytime you come in from late position, if you're okay with a little more variance.
    • |
    The Regs at The Orleans are easy, they are either super nits or really lousy players seeing alot of flops. I've been counting the number of players every hand every day which I should of included in the notes in my post. Capping isnt common and when I have seen it capped, its usually once or twice in a 8 hr period, but I'm only at one table while there may be up to 3 more table going. Most times atleast, and I mean atleast 5 of the 10 players are seeing the flop, occasional 7-8 alot, but mostly 5-6 players. It also depends on the time of day. Early-mid morning is the worst I think with 1 pm beginning the good time to play thru midnite.
    • |
    I'll try to give some feedback. How many people are typically seeing a flop, and how often is it capped? I've heard awful things about the regs at the Orleans, but haven't been there much myself.
    Updated 06-30-2011 at 07:28 PM by FrankNagaiJr
    • |
    Yeah, I changed it, was alittle rough. Sorry
    • |
    If I had funds locked up, c'mon dude. I am in america, and yes I lost money I had deposited on FT, do you see any whining anywhere in my posts
    • |
    I can't understand why anybody any where in the world would play let alone have money on FT after BF. If you dont think that Pokerstars license is in jeopardy and can shut down anytime then I feel sorry for you. There was obviously no solidarity between poker players who continued to play at FT who said "we felt bad for the americans" Yeah right. Whatever
    • |
    u would be whining too *
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast