Biggest Live $ Win
    $272,405 (WSOP#51 - 3rd)
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $2,410 ($26KO - 1st)
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries

Full Tilt Ironman Freerolls

I am wondering who all in this forum makes the ironman freerolls on Full Tilt. They are always on the 2nd Saturday of every month so today is the day! For anyone who is playing regularly on Tilt, you absolutley cannot pass these up. I will be playing the gold freeroll today, and I might also be playing the bronze for my friend "erminator06".

Anyways, I wanted to show the value of these freerolls...

Bronze: $10,000 prize pool / 1224 players = $8.17
    Silver: $15,000 / 927 players = $16.18
    Gold: $20,000 / 513 players = $38.98
    Iron: $30,000 / 420 players = $71.43

These would be the equivalent buyins you would expect to pay to enter the tournaments, and the expected value of your cash each month assuming you were a perfectly average player.

However, because MANY players in these freerolls sit out, the value of the seats are even higher than this. The best jump is from silver to gold. Also, the gold pays the top 180 of only 513 players so more than 35% of the players make the money of a cool $50!

On top of this, if you win a freeroll you get to play a 4 man SnG with the other 3 winners for $5000. If you win the SnG you get to play 3 pros heads up for $50,000 a piece. So... this definately adds to the value as well as winning a 500 person field is not out of the question.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were fellow forumers playing in any of the freerolls so I know who to root for.

This is my 13th month of ironman and the freerolls are definately worth it if you can afford the play time. (although the field sizes have doubled just in my time playing them.)
    Last edited by otbdave; 04-12-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    "You have it in your power to turn a bad-beat around simply by realizing this simple truth: The more bad beats you encounter, the luckier you are. It's a sign that you are playing against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone"

Get me at the tables...
    Full Tilt: otbdave
    Poker Stars: otbdave
    Cake: otbdave

Blog
    LinkedIN

otbdave is offline Shark

Biggest Live $ Win
    $272,405 (WSOP#51 - 3rd)
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $2,410 ($26KO - 1st)
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    I am also playing Early Double A & B for $6 buyins at 16:00 if anyone wants to join me. I never get to play tournaments and these are fun. AIM: pbxpert15 if you got it.
    "You have it in your power to turn a bad-beat around simply by realizing this simple truth: The more bad beats you encounter, the luckier you are. It's a sign that you are playing against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone"

Get me at the tables...

Blog
    LinkedIN

I will be in the silver free roll...

should be an easy $20 atleast...

gl hopefully we can meet eachother 4handed

otbdave is offline Shark

Biggest Live $ Win
    $272,405 (WSOP#51 - 3rd)
    Biggest Online $ Win
    $2,410 ($26KO - 1st)
    Biggest Live # Win
    Biggest Online # Win
    Blog Entries
    Cashed bottom on bronze, Bubbled the Gold. I pushed middle position with AJs got called right after me by QQ. Only had 8 bets left.

Get me at the tables...

Blog
    LinkedIN

ThePenguin22 is offline Dolphin

Biggest Online $ Win
    $20K+ career profit
    Biggest Online # Win
    Retired cash game player :(
    Blog Entries

3rd

Ive just come 3rd in the bronze freeroll!! Im happy but feel sick I really wanted to win it and was chip leader heading to final table. I really believe I was the best player out of last 3 butmade a stupid "move" reraising 3 times with middle pair, this cost me badly when other player finally pushed all in and of course I had to fold losing 330,000 chips!!!! I dont know how you people play these mtts Ive missed the golf and have the biggest headache ever. I never play them this is 1st this year and maybee last, I feel sorry for the person who came 10th all that time and work for around 35 dollars I think. Im happy really but was desperate for a shot in that $5000 sit and go one mistake letting my ego get in the way has cost me badly.